- 1 ½ pounds small red new potatoes, scrubbed (9#)
- 4 large cloves garlic, unpeeled ( 1 head )
- 4 tbsp. olive oil (1 1/2c)
- ½ tsp. salt (1 tbsp)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar (1/4c + 2tbsp)
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard (1/4c)
- ¼ tsp. pepper (1 1/2 tsp)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (12)
preheat oven to very hot (450∞).
Cut potatoes into pieces no larger than 1-½ inches.
Combine potatoes, 1/2c oil and 1 1/2 tsp salt in medium-size bowl; toss until potatoes are well coated.
Spoon potato mixture into pan keeping potatoes in single layer.
Top with rosemary sprigs.
To roast: Roast potatoes in preheated very hot oven (450∞), stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender and crisply browned.
Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, mustard, remaining. salt and pepper in medium sized bowl. Gradually whisk in remaining 1 c. oil. Discard woody rosemary stems from grilling tray. Squeeze grilled garlic cloves from skins into dressing in bowl. Mash slightly into dressing.
Add potatoes and green onions to dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings. The potatoes can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead and served warm or at room temperature.
Nutrient value per serving
4 g protein
14 g fat
33 g carbohydrates
363 mg sodium
0 mg cholesterol